Did you know that I properly started blogging this time last May? I cannot get my head around that. Time has flown by and I feel so embedded in the blogging world that it is hard to imagine life without it.
So today I want to celebrate the fact that this little blog is still standing after 52 weeks and to thank all of you for taking the time to read some of my articles and rants. In this post I want to reflect briefly on my blogging journey up to now.
Lessons I have learned
After spending one whole year writing 3-5 blog posts a week, I have learned lots about how to write blog content. The wonderful community of bloggers who inspired me to get writing have made me feel very welcome as part of the blogging world.
I have written about books, movies and TV shows as well as poems. Also I have enjoyed sharing my thoughts and starting conversations about the environment, which I am incredibly passionate about.
As time went on I started writing about the blogging process, stress, working from home and side hustles. For me, I have a variety of interests and love discussing all of these within my blog.
Things I love about blogging:
– People write such thoughtful comments and really engage with my writing.
– Writing guess posts on other brilliant blogs is really fulfilling.
– I have enjoyed reading other blogs, such as The Grumpy Olive, Sarah Collins Bookworm, Unwanted Life, Eri- Weird Lifestyle, Michelle (Boomer Eco Crusader), Middle Age Fanclub, Claire Mac, Wool of the King, Jenny in Neverland, Transatlantic Notes, NotSoModernGirl, Fadima Mooneira, Rachel Foy, Smelly Socks and Garden Peas, Smorgasbord, Simply Alex Jean, Reading Ladies, Tales of Belle, Lynn Mumbing Mejia, Merry of August, Headphones Thoughts, Her Digital Coffee, Sincerely Essie, Mums Conquering Anxiety, Vanessa The Wellbeing Blogger, Confidently Kayleigh, Rachel’s Thoughts, Bournemouth Girl, That Happy Reader, Ellie Grace Deveson, Andrew McDowell, Ali Duke and just so many more wonderful blogs.
– It makes me a few pounds and counts as one of my side hustles.
– Sharing my work gives me such a happy feeling.
I also want to thank the 738 people who have decided to subscribe to my blog. I appreciate every single read, like and comment.
Thank you all so much for making me feel welcome and giving my little blog a chance.