There are many things that make me happy and I wanted to put them into a poem.
Movie nights and popcorn,
Make me feel complete.
I love watching a cheesy film,
With something nice to eat.
Being in the countryside,
Surrounded by plants and trees.
Sipping on a milkshake,
A fondue full of cheese.
Splashing in a puddle,
Laughing at my friends.
Sharing in some gossip,
Tying up loose ends.
Chewing on a donut,
While coffee is flowing free,
These are things that certainly,
Crunching through a field of snow.
Snuggled by a fire.
Playing games and music playing,
All things I desire.
Listening to podcasts,
Going for a run,
Colleagues always cheer me up,
They always make work fun.
So join me as I relish in
The people and the places.
As nothing makes me happier
Than friendly, smiling faces.
This was my short poem about things that make me happy. Today I was thinking about how wonderful my friends and family are. It made me realise how important it is that we make an effort to look for the positives in every experience we haveand celebrate the people who care about us.
For today’s Blogtober post I wanted to share some simple things that never fail to make me smile. After yesterday being a bit full on I definitely need a pick me up. I wonder what brings a smile to your face.
1)Cats. Just seeing a cat always calms me down. As I drove home today I saw several prowling around. Currently I don’t have one but cats have been a pet of choice in the past and I have fond memories of a moggy I had when I was little.
2) Rainbows. They always seem to brighten things up, usually after a dramatic rain storm.
3) The Sound of Music. If I see it coming on telly I find myself putting down whatever I am doing and being drawn into the Von Trapp family singalong.
4) Chocolate. I buy one big fruit and nut chocolate bar every week and break a bit off every day after work. Nothing beats that soothing taste.
5) A winter bath. This one is obvious. Who doesn’t love a soak on a frosty day?
6) Milkshake. Any kind, made from ice cream and cheap and cheerful from the supermarket.
7) Good books. If I am feeling serious I read non-fiction and if I feel like drama I have plenty of novels to turn to.
8) Acardio workout. Whether it’s aerobics or dancing, spinning or HIIT workouts, I always feel so much better after making the effort.
9) Anything Disney. I really want to explore Disneyland Paris more as have only been there once.
10) My friends and colleagues. So many of my closest friends are funny and entertaining. They rarely fail to make me laugh.
If you enjoyed this post please consider following my blog. I hope you are loving Blogtober as much as I am. Here is a link to another amusing post by Smorgasbord.