As Blogtober reaches the end, I wanted to write about making time for yourself to unwind. The past few weeks have been hectic and full of challenges for most of us and we need to remember to set aside time to chill out a bit.So this article is brief and to the point.
Here goes with some easy ideas:
1) Listen to a podcast. Try a new one or catch up on one of your favourites.
2) Have a foot bath. Even if it is just a kitchen bowl full of hot water and suds, take some time to soothe those aching feet.
3) Read a book. Catch up on that reading list by setting aside a quiet time to breeze through some scintillating chapters.
4) Take a walk around a local lake. I do this all the time as near me we have several small lakes which are brilliant locations for friendly walks with people I haven’t had a good natter with recently.
5) Have a movie afternoon. Close the curtains and turn on a classic film. Make sure you have some microwave popcorn on hand.
6) Go for a bike ride. Nothing beats a brisk cycle ride when it comes to clearing out your mind.
7) Have an afternoon nap. Play some quiet music or perhaps use a relaxing app such as ‘Calm’ (which I use often as a way of encouraging shut-eye).
8) Draw or write something. I like to write a short story or poem now and again. Others prefer to do some still life drawing.
9) Binge watch a TV series. Can you make it through six episodes in a day?
10) Bake something. Time in the kitchen can be time well spent, especially if cakes result from it.
I hope these suggestions give you some ideas of how to slow down and make some time for yourself. If you enjoyed this post, please consider following my blog. Here is an example of one of my poems.